Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The One


I try to resist myself from entering cinema recently, because my mind keeps on reminding me that there are approximately 10Gbs of movie in my laptop are waiting for me to watch. I know I should watch them as soon as possible so that I can have more free memory space, but I don’t know why I just don’t have the heart to finish all of them. Thus, I end up watching series and continue keeping them.

Most of the movies that I downloaded are old movies, which I didn’t get the chance to watch when it was first released, or some weird movies that posted on the China website that I found it interesting just by its title. For instance, a French movie called ‘La Vie Rose’, it is a half musical half drama movie, very unique and inspiring. And another award winning China movie entitled ‘Fury of Glory’ 光荣的愤怒,sounds very interesting but after watching it, I still don’t really get what the whole movie is all about. Maybe it’s just not my thing.

Then here it comes, my favorite movie that I will not hesitate to keep it inside my external hard disc, which is the trilogy of Matrix. Yes, the old movies that released at 1999(Matrix), early 2002 (Reloaded) and end of 2002 (Revolution) respectively. It is so embarrassed to tell people that I never watch Matrix before, as they were considered as pioneer of action movie with ridiculous special effects. I still remember I watch the first one right after Repro exam, and I was so amazed and overwhelmed by the movie. I like the concept, the effects, the actors, script… and almost everything. Speaking of the script, it was so philosophical that I have to pause the movie for awhile so that I can understand what are they trying to imply. I wish I could be as creative as the movie directors…

When we talk about Matrix(of course the movie, not mathematic), our attention will automatically focus around the main character, which is Neo aka Mr. Anderson aka ‘The One’. He is the super hero who saves the world and wins the beauty’s heart, even though when he is not in the scene, we would wander when will he appear again. In another word, we can say that The One is somebody that people look up to, centre of attention, or people that we care of. Back to the reality, we also recognized somebody as The One in our lives, maybe politician, community leader, celebrity, big shot or even your lover. They are the one who grab your attention unintentionally, make you to follow their order when they request, and people that you are looking for when you attend any function in the society.

What I am trying to say is, while you are gazing widely onto The One of yours, do you notice that actually there are so many insignificant people around you that you never lay your eyes on them? Do you know how they feel? What do you feel if you never get any attention from anyone? How’s their life? What do they feel when they meet The One? What do they do to balance up this psychological torment? What would they do if they desperately hunger for attention?

I don’t have the answer for all the questions above, but Aaron and I are trying to grasp the essence of this concept so that we can film our next video. I don’t know how it will turn out, but hopefully we can figure it out soon, like next week, oh gosh….

By the way, feel free to share with me who is The One in your life.

2 thought:

Zzzyun said...

hey..speaking of ur video.. really sorry tat kee and I can't make it..

haha i guess asking me to speak in a language i'm not good at is really hard for me. blek.

anwyay, sorry and hope tat ur video will do very well =)

Anonymous said...

wah ur video has a very complex and yet intriguing concept..i like~
all the best!hehehe...