Saturday, July 10, 2010

Dream


I had a dream few days ago, it was so vivid that i could recall it till now.

The dream.... was set on a beautiful weekend morning, when everyone in my family went out for brunch. We went to a noodle stall (wan ton mee) where my father claimed to be one of the best food in town. Right after we came out from the car, my father went straight to the stall owner and ordered a double portion wan ton mee for himself. Then he turned back to us and asked, 'so what do you want? just order it yourself, ok?' As usual, we look around to see if there's other food available, but in the end, we ordered the same thing as my father did.
My mother, on the other hand, refused to order any food because she said she wasn't hungry. But when our food arrived, she would pick up the chopsticks and nibble here and there. That was so typical of her. My brother, would be busy clicking his phone as if there was a multi billion dollar business going on. Surprisingly both of my sisters were there as well, but not sure what were they doing at that time.
In reality.... there was a wan ton mee stall that we used to visit every weekend during my early teenage time, it's somewhere near Tasek, probably it had closed down by now. My father really liked the food there, and yes, double portion was no hard task for him. My sisters seldom joined us for brunch, that's why the memory was quite blurry. My brother wouldn't have a phone back in those time, so must be some error in recalling. My mum definitely liked to 'curi makan' our food, argh....
This dream definitely has some component of history in it, that's why it made so much sense to me. This dream also reflects how much i miss those time spending with my family. Home is certainly where the heart is.

0 thought: