Saturday, February 12, 2011

Hedgehog In The Pool!


Yesterday morning before i went to school, i saw a creature wiggling its way in the middle of my house swimming pool. To my astonishment, it was a hedgehog! (first time seeing a wild hedghog, scared scared...) It wasn't dead but it was struggling to get out of the pool.

I quickly grabbed my phone and snapped a picture of it. A few seconds later, it curled into a ball and seemed to be drowning. Oh no... I should have save the poor creature first instead of taking its picture. *guilt kicking in* Without wasting more time, i put down my phone and used a scoop to lift it out of the water.

It seemed lifeless after i put it down at the side of the pool. I ain't going to do CPR on it, no way! So i used a rod to poke and prod it for a few times. Phew... it started to have some body movement, i could see some breathing effort, not sure about pulse, GSC was probably at the lower end, responded well to my poking, haha!

I saved a life!

(better put more chlorin in the pool this weekend before i dunk myself in)

4 thought:

nadia said...

oh the pool is fixed?!?

and and...you saw a live hedgehog...I saw one stuck because it got sucked into the filter last year or so...apparently its insides were sucked out overnight =( only kj dared to remove it!

eeveehow said...

Nadia: The pool is not fixed yet, but the leakage has stopped, no idea what's going on. The hedgehog actually is quite cute, haha! When are you coming back? Tell me if you need help to move your piles and piles of stuff in yx room, haha!

CarynBear said...

oo.. good for u mui! =)
btw, happy valentines .. miss u.. why u seldom online ..

eeveehow said...

Caryn: Happy Valentines, miss you too.... i also seldom see you online, blek...