Saturday, September 15, 2007

Darts

M106 Darts Team

Yesterday our batch, M106 was officially got 4th place in darts competition. Though we weren’t able to get any medal, we did enjoy the competition very much. The feeling of losing a game is sour, but all of us are glad that we made it into semi-final. At least we aren’t the last one overall.

Actually we would have lost in the preliminary round, as none of us practiced before the competition started 1 week ago. I still remember vividly that my last time of playing darts was last year IMU Cup. Of course we lost last year. This year I didn’t expect much either. Thus I kept telling myself that it was really a blessing to win the first round. Thanks to James(our captain), Kajen, Ye Min, Emily, Jia Yu, Kien Wei, Ching Li and Aaron, you all are awesome.

However, there was a senior who lost to us, hate us as if we killed her parents. Come on, this was just a game! The purpose of IMU Cup is to encourage student-student interaction, not creating anger and rage. She did several ‘obvious’ thing to show us her hatred. For example, she wanted us to play semi-final the next day after her batch lost to us; While we were in semi, she 'obviously’ supported our opponent with no reason, she even asked her friend stopped supporting us. Therefore we gave her a nick name, Obvious Girl. I don’t understand how somebody can be so narrow-minded when it comes to game.

Anyway, it was really a good experience to join this competition. Perhaps next time you can see me hitting bull’s eye in pubs.

If I practice frequently, haha!

1 thought:

J said...

Didnt even put my face in the picture.. grateful konon... Congrats to you all...