Monday, December 17, 2007

Glasses and Contact Lens


People who wear contact lens definitely will have a pair of glasses somewhere in the room; but people who wear glasses may not own a pair of contact lens. Two different objects, which serve the same purpose, but being held by a unique relationship, really amazed me.


I have both of them, and of course it must be started with glasses. Before my eyes started losing its ability to see far, I always admired those people who wear glasses because it looked cool, especially those poster model. Cool, in the mentality of a childish kid, it simply meant special than others. So I kept on dreaming when would I have the chance to wear glasses. Finally, ‘dream’ came true. I am short-sighted and I need to wear glasses. I still remembered the first time when I wore on the glasses, it felt like a make-over, as if I had changed into another person. I enjoyed putting this extra’ accessory’ on my face, made sure it was with me all the time. At that moment, I was so contented and I felt that I could see the world more clearly. However, this feeling didn’t last long till I found out that glasses also could give me some inconvenience. Friends no longer took it as a criterion of coolness, but love making fun of it. I started to hate wearing glasses, but I had no choice, I had to wear or my vision would go blur.


Then contact lens came across my mind. After years of wearing glasses, I thought I am mature enough to wear contact lens, so I leave my glasses inside my house most of the time, sometimes even ignore it. By wearing the contact lens, I can hide my disability of my eyes, as well as get rid of the funny glasses. I am totally exalted with it. Furthermore, not many people afford to own a pair of contact lens, and it makes me feel more special. However, there must be a fall after a rise. Sooner I find out that contact lens actually is a high maintenance for me, it is consider as a luxury. Every night I have to dip it with multipurpose solution, rub it with extra care because if it is too soft, I can’t cleanse away the dirt and if it is too hard, I could tear it apart. Not only that, I can’t wear it for too long, I can’t sleep with it, I can’t go near to fire, I can’t…. Why would I give myself so much trouble? What would I get in return? Look awesome? I doubt so.


Lying on my table is the poor glasses that I had abandoned for quite sometimes. Both glasses and contact lens serve the same purpose, why should I have preference over them? It’s unfair, cruel and unreasonable. I do understand both objects have certain limitation and flaws, but when I need the aid to see the world, both of them never fail to function.


Anyway, it would be great if I have perfect vision, then problems like this won’t arise.

3 thought:

Anonymous said...

I 110% agree that contact lens is of high maintenance! It's rather risky too .. Neway Mui, I used to think like u.. WAnted an extra piece of accessory on my face but now.. Huh !! I sooo DO NOT WANT IT !! Lasik might be the solution.. WHo knows ? CYa tomorrow !

--m^tcH-- said...

ceh... if everything's so perfect, i can be god liao.. hahahahaha...
no need to worry bout life.
bluek~~
Anyway, merry christmas n a happy new year~!!

Anonymous said...

I bought a contact lens from Lens.com store on Couponalbum.com at most discounted prices..!!