Monday, January 7, 2008

Hermitage and Bohemian


Have you ever wonder these two different entities can come together? Recently I always thinking of bringing in these two elements into my life, but I know it won’t be easy.

Hermitage is a place where one can live in seclusion. Out of civilization and out of materialization. We have been controlled unwillingly by all of these, yet nobody can do something about it except flee from it. Pathetic, isn’t it? I want to live in somewhere which out of sight, never bothered by chaotic condition in haphazard city, enjoying serene atmosphere where mother nature and human harmoniously co-exist. That’s my dreamland that I always searching for. But the problem is, where is it?

Bohemian, I quote from The American College Dictionary, is defined as a person with artistic or intellectual tendencies, who lives and acts with no regard for conventional rules of behavior. They do whatever their hearts tell them. “Follow your heart and let it leads your way”, this sentence has been repeated for many times in the book Alchemist, just to tell reader that don’t ever give up on your dreams. Back to the reality, not every dreams and ambitions are being appreciated most of the time. In fact, it takes your whole gut to insist in pursuing your dreams nowadays. Thus I really admire the spirit of Bohemian in expressing themselves regardless of current trend. They show you what they got, not what you want to see.

Almost 21 years I have been living in this planet, I have witnessed and being taught by history. There are something waiting for us to achieve, of course there are something standing on our way too; There are something shouldn’t exist in the beginning, and we are just waiting for someone to remove it. I wish life can be filled with hope, so that life can goes on. But when you realize that the hope is frail, then you start to keep faith in it. Faith in hope, requires indestructible energy and bliss of ignorance, which not many people own. Perhaps giving up on hope would be easier…

To become a Bohemian and live in somewhere hidden, I guess it is something I want to do when I reach my late adulthood. I want to do anything that the society won’t bother or criticize, especially extending the artistic side of mine, which often being affronted by the majority in the present; I want to see the true image of environment and understand it, which often being covered and transformed by so-called ‘civilization’.

I believe this world is created for human to enjoy and appreciate its beauty.

0 thought: