Friday, January 25, 2008

Back from KKB

It’s almost exactly one year I never been to KKB. As usual, KKB still remains its calm and peaceful environment, which you can hardly find within a city. Waffle shop, Restaurant 98, Guys’ Houses, BBQ set and etc are things that you tell people once they mention “KKB”. (oops, did I just miss ‘hospital’? )

I took KKB as a place for vacation, though I know we are supposedly to do hospital posting there. We spend quarter of the day in hospital, another quarter for sleeping, then the rest reserve for eating and playing. In a small town like KKB actually has nothing much to explore, but when you come with a group of friends, anything will be possible.

Unfortunately this time the hospital’s ward round was pretty boring, not many interesting cases as there were not many patient. The worst part was no labour. I have been waiting for the chance to see pregnant lady gives birth since last year, but… Fine, I believe I will get to watch it in clinical years. For compensation, I got the chance to palpate a pregnant lady’s tummy. The tummy was huge, and the baby inside already aged 38 weeks. I didn’t dare to palpate it with force, but without sufficient force I wouldn’t be able to determine the baby’s position. Thus in the end, I touched it with care because I scared I would burst the amnion. Silly betul!

Other than hospital, we also went to waterfall, water dam and Genting. It’s a very nice experience indeed. Here are the few pictures I took with my handphone.

SPLASH (water dam near KKB)

The dam's side view

Thanks Swarna for being there for me all the time (cable car to Genting)

The girls are posing at somewhere in Genting

0 thought: