Monday, March 2, 2009

Interesting Question


Today during my GP attachment in Mairehao, there was a Bhutanese patient accompanied by her son, because the patient herself couldn't speak English. In the middle of consultation, the doctor got a phone call, thus he went out and left me with the patient and her son.

The son was very friendly, we chatted for awhile and suddenly he asked me, "Are you married?" Wow, this was the first time people asked me this question. Do i look that mature till people think i'm married? My parents will slay my head if i get marry now, haha! Then i said, "No, i'm still young...hehe" 22 years old, that's consider young, right?

This incidence really make me realize that i'm actually ageing day by day. Last time when i was still a teenager, people will asked, "Do you have a girlfriend?" I believe few years later, i will be expecting people to ask me the same question that the Bhutanese asked justnow.

Oh, i also found out something very interesting. Last time when i was in India, swarna taught me how to say 1,2,3 in Hindi. It sounds like 'egg, dough, tin' (i still can remember now because james had created a remarkable gesture along with it, haha). In Nepalist (the Bhutanese patient speaks that language), it actually sounds similiar, they pronounce as 'egg, duit, tin'.

0 thought: