Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tire Punctured

Today was pretty unlucky. I haven't found any interesting or suitable patient for my long case, and the ethics tutorial made me yawned for uncountable times. So around 4pm, i grabbed my bike and headed home.

Right after i passed the roundabouts near Princess Margaret's Hospital, the front tire of my bike became flat. Oh gosh, i can't push the bike and walk back from here, it's so far.... Then, i decided to push my bike for awhile and hoped there would be one bike shop at the front. Unfortunately, there was none, unlucky me.... I looked at the watch, oh no, it's almost 5pm, all the shops would be closing soon. No choice, i needed to try my luck on other main streets, so i hopped on my bike and started biking, poor bike!

I passed by Warehouse (a department store) and quickly went in to look for help. They did sell the tire tube, but they don't provide any assistance service. I went into the bicycle accesories aisle, saw various size of tire tube, but i wasn't sure which size suits my bike. Sigh, i should go to the bike shop instead!




Time checked, oh, it's quarter to five, i asked a guy in a shop, "where is the nearest bike shop?" The guy said, "there is one along Colombo street, another one at the end Milton road, there should be one along Lincold road too..." Good, i would pass lincoln road, bet my luck for the last time.

Thank goodness, there was one bike shop that hadn't closed yet. They managed to get me a suitable tube, but cannot put it on for me. WHAT....felt like swearing on the spot! I'm the customer and how dare you to refuse my request? In the end, he said i could leave the bike here and they could fix it up by friday. WHAT....chill, must have good control on my manner. Fine, it's my bad day so i left in the end, with my flat tire and the 10 dollar uninflated new tube.

Once i reached back home, glad that my bike hadn't shown any sign of major deformity (hope everything is still intact when i bike it tomorrow...). I tried to fix it by myself, and glad that ah beh came along and helped. Chow went online and checked the proper way of doing it and heng taught me how to patch the punctured part.We met some difficulties, but in the end, we managed to replace the punctured tube, apparently it was due to some glass pieces on the road. Who are the inconsiderate moron that indirectly causing so much misery on me? Geram betul....

Anyway, at least i learned something new today, i know how to replace a punctured tube, without the aid of any proper tool. Really pity my bike for what it had been through on my way back.....

0 thought: