Thursday, February 19, 2009

Lantern Festival


Me, Jun Ken, Ah Beh, Chong Yu, and Michelle(senior) in Victoria Square during the Lantern Festival last week. Actually i still don't really understand since when Chinese celebrate 'lantern festival'. The most i could think of is Mid-Autumn Festival a.k.a Mooncake Festival and to certain extent we would call it Lantern Festival too. But isn't too early to celebrate that now? Then we saw a long queue at one corner, and wonder what it was. Guess what, some chinese were selling paper lantern with $2 each. Oh my, i guess i could buy a pack of ten paper lanterns with RM2 back in malaysia. The ang mohs who bought it seemed really like it, maybe they though it was worth the price, i should have open a booth there too, haha!

Speaking of senior, Michelle had helped me alot before i came to new zealand. I always bugged her in msn and fired tonnes of questions. And she is kind enough to clear my doubt and provide substantial information. Thank you so much! Must to mention her wonderful blog, it's like my 'Lonely Planet' for Christchurch, check out her blog in my link list.

Oh ya, my parcel that i sent through shipping had arrived. It took exactly 43 days to reach Christchurch from Chemor. Pretty fast, huh! I paid around RM100 for 18kg of stuff. Pretty cheap, huh! I'm so gonna ask my mum to send more stuff to me, haha! Can't believe Pos Malaysia actually is quite efficient, proud to announce it to the world.

extra stickers that i never see before i sent it

0 thought: