Saturday, February 7, 2009

Standing the the ground reception of my school

This week is my first clinical orientation week. On the first day, all the 4th year student gathered in the lecture theater and sorted out some administration procedure. Then all of us needed to do a MRSA swab test, which was pretty weird and i'm sure you wouldn't want to know. After that, we went to our assigned group for briefing. I am having General Practice run first, and according to seniors, it's the most relaxing run, and i hope they are right, haha!

We met quite a number of malaysian students here, all of them are very friendly. I even met one indian guy from Ipoh, what a small world!

On Wednesday, my group had a 'Shift with Nurse'. Basically we just need to follow a nurse in the hospital for a full shift. The nurse that i followed that day was Caroline, from Acute Medical Assessment Unit. She is a very nice lady, very willing to teach and extremely kind to the patients. Though she is just one year older than me, she is awesomely experienced in everything she does, and it made me felt so inferior. Overall it's a very good experience.

The rest of the week, i had history taking and physical examination, in which my skills have been deteriorated since my sem 5 exam last year.

Friday no class, yeah! Long Weekend...

What i plan for my long weekend are..... sleep till late morning, watch a few movies in my laptop in order to clear my memory space, complete a few mission in Need for Speed Most Wanted, get my groceries done, get my weekly laundry done, etc.

Can't wait for the next holiday!

1 thought:

Anonymous said...

wa, Dr Koh,
you still have time to da gei ar?
haha