Sunday, February 17, 2008

Posting at Klinik Kucai

One word, awesome!

Swarna and I had 5 days posting at Klinik Kucai in Kuchai Lama last week. The experience was memorable and though we didn’t learn a lot, we enjoyed ourselves very much. Well, the only bad thing was we had to wake up very early in the morning, around 7am and that was torturing, haha!

Klinik Kucai is owned by Dr. Bala and his wife, Dr. Jeya. Both of them were graduated from India and have been working in this clinic since 1991. They are very nice people and that’s why their clinic is always full of patient.

One thing I learn from Dr. Bala is his favourite advice to all his patients, especially for coughing patients. “Tolong saya jangan cakap banyak, minum banyak air, itu buah-buahan yang ada season punya, macam durian, mata kucing, dan sekarang ada itu ‘Gam’(mandarin orange), semua out. Yang itu Hacks, Fisherman boleh makan, 100 plus juga boleh minum, goreng-goreng dan oily food tak mau makan, susu juga out….” So all coughing or sore throat people please remember this!

Another unforgettable experience is drawing blood, and my first victim was Swarna. When we saw Dr. Jeya took patient’s blood, it seemed like an easy job. But when I hold the syringe on my hand, the feeling was completely different. Besides, Swarna’s veins were so hard to detect and making me so worried that my lousy skill would hurt her hand. But luckily both doctors were standing at our side and gave us guidance and I successfully drew out blood that less than 1cc. Same thing happened to Swarna, and of course I was her first victim as well. On the next day, we were so excited and wanted to take another one, without doctor’s guidance. We met failures, but in the end, we did it!

Still remember the baby’s case that happened last year, in which the hand had to be amputated after injection? Aih, better brush up my skills with needles…

Anyway, it was really an awesome posting!

My first needle victim, Swarna, haha!

Please have mercy on me...

Things we do just to learn, let's just say we sacrifice for the greater good

Thank you Dr. Bala and Dr. Jeya for the memorable experience

1 thought:

Anonymous said...

hey would it be possible for you to get the telephone number of klinik kucai for us? Because we are currently in Australia and we need to contact Dr. Bala.

Thank You very much.