Saturday, June 14, 2008

Lesson

I can't really remember when did it happen, i only know that it happened on a sunday, when the whole vista c was quite and silent...

This was an incident that i tried not to remember, because i am very disappointed on myself, but i cannot let it happen again, so i mustn't forget it. In fact, i should face it with courage and avoid the same mistake again.

So the story began with me strolling to the balcony to take in a few breath of fresh air, but before i could do so, i saw clouds of thick and dark smoke coming out from the construction site beside vista c. The smoke expanded very fast and covered almost the whole building within a few minutes. Fire was seen at the base of building, accompanied by some crackling sounds. Basically i stood there and watched the whole process going on. Since it was such a special occasion, i quickly took my camera and took a snap on it. Apparently i'm not alone, i even saw a man holding a professional camera and stood at the vista carpark to took an upclose shot.

Fire at the construction site

On the other block, james also witnessed what's going on at the construction site. He also took a snap on this 'magnificent scenery'. But being a good samaritan, he called the bomba first before he took out his camera phone and capture the scene. Less than half an hour, the bomba squad came and put off the fire.

I'm so ashamed of myself, for being such a bad civilian, who ignored the most basic responsibilities while staying in a community where everyone ought to look after each other. No, i just stood there and did nothing. What's the difference of me compared to those people who like to babble about what they've seen but not what they've done? Where is my conscience? I really hate myself..

Thanks to james, the building is fine now

2 thought:

彦霓::yen-nee said...

There are many things in life that can be reversed. By an accident, I clicked on this link and I got to know this. It is over and I pray that nobody got injured in that fire. I appreciate this lesson and it might be a lesson to another person who read this. :)

chang yuan said...

如果是我,我会怎样做呢?也许,我也和你一样,落得最终谴责自己,落得言行不一。。。下次,就让我们真正实践我们的道德价值吧!