Monday, January 12, 2009

Agnostic in Temple

Few days ago, my mum asked me to follow her to the temple before i go overseas. Of course my first reaction was a big no-no. I told her that i'm an agnostic and it would be so weird i show my 'devotion' in the temple. We argued for awhile then finally my mum said, "Can you just do it for me? I just want a peace of mind...."

Ok loh...

Finally today, me and my parents went to the temples, oh ya, there were 2 temples that i needed to go. The first temple is in the middle of a housing area, very quiet and clean. Standing in front of the magnificent golden Buddha statue, i seriously hoped there was something magical would happened. I put both of my palm together and prayed, tried my very best to get rid of the agnostic part of me momentarily. I swore this wasn't an act of mockery, and i do respect all the religions in the world, but it's my belief which tells me otherwise.

Then we went to the second temple, where my dad always works as volunteer. This temple is located near a small rocky hill. Serene and calming. There is one newly renovated hall, filled with shining statues and a big chandelier hanging in the center. This temple is very well maintained (thanks to my dad and other volunteers, haha) and nicely decorated. We didn't do much in that temple, but i took a few pictures within the temple compound.


There is a stone statue at the top, and it took a lot of effort from the volunteers to put it up

Orchid flower that bought from Cameron Highland

Very cute small statue near the koi pond

Ipoh Hillcity, i will miss ya! (behind the temple, pamelo plantation)

0 thought: