Friday, January 23, 2009

First Day in Christchurch

10 hours of flight from KL to Auckland wasn’t as bad as I imagined. I watched one movie, ate 2 meals, slept for around 1 hour, the rest of the time I used it to chat with swarna, no wonder time passed so fast.

The weather in Auckland was nice, shinny sun accompanied with cool breeze. The airport was quite busy, filled with crowd in every corner, especially at the arrival hall. Greeted by james, and the Auckland people kept on bombarding him with questions because he had been here since 2 days ago. After that, me, james and chong yu waited at the domestic terminal for the next 3 hours for our flight to Christchurch.

It only took an hour plus to reach Christchurch, surprisingly. Christchurch weather was abit extreme, the temperature was generally lower than Auckland. Picked up by Mr. Anthony and 2 seniors, Andrew and Henry, with a signboard written with ‘IMU Students’ on their hand. We had a short trip of sight-seeing around Christchurch. It’s a very small city, compared to Auckland, but the place is very serene and quiet. I saw my school and attached hospital. Then finally, we came to my flat. My flat consists of 6 rooms, 2 showers and toilet, one living room, one kitchen and one laundry room. The flat is pretty old, but still looks safe enough to stay in. After ventured around the house for less than hour, the seniors brought us out for a walk and for dinner.

Really glad that Andrew and Henry stayed back to explain lots of stuff for us, without them, I’m sure I would be very blur by now. Thank you so much!

1 thought:

Zzzyun said...

haha yeah u really must thank ur seniors for helping out u all! :)